CA anniversary

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2013
      Target archery was the first anniversary for SCA archery. But there is also a second.

      The second was the forty-sixth anniversary of the first use of combat archery in a SCA war. It was  held on July 29, 1967, at the First Island war at Nicasio Reservoir in Marin County, California, Kingdom of the West. The combat arrows were fourteen inch long bamboo garden stakes with foam rubber tips held on with white bandage tape.

      We have come a long way since then and with the continued support of the archers of the SCA we shall continue to grow and improve.

      Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf, West