Re: [SCA-Archery] carriage bow

  • Ld.blackmoon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
      greetings

       something like this ??

      Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
      Arthur

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 2:52 PM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] carriage bow

      A thought.
      I'm not certain that I will do this but...

      I have a 71" 35# longbow and just ordered a 45# longbow.
      I was "thinking" about converting my 35# into a 2-piece carriage bow.
      As I understand this (and i am trying to remember old info so may be
      wrong) the Carriage Bow was a standard longbow that was cut in half at
      the handle, then a sleeve was made into which the cut ends were
      shoved, the string holding the limbs together.

      Do any of you experts have any thoughts, ideas, suggestions about doing this?

      As i said, it is just a thought and I may not possess the skills to
      perform the conversion, though it sounds like an interessting project.

      --
      Rick Johnson
      http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com

      Internal Virus Database is out of date.

    • lekervere
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
        You can get the metal sleeve kits at 3 Rivers Archery. It looks like if you make a good clean cut it should align itself in the sleeve. You might want to mark your bow before cutting so you can be sure of lining it up later. You might do an online search for a video of the process of fitting the sleeves.

        Edward le Kervere