carriage bow

  • richard johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21 12:52 PM
      A thought.
      I'm not certain that I will do this but...

      I have a 71" 35# longbow and just ordered a 45# longbow.
      I was "thinking" about converting my 35# into a 2-piece carriage bow.
      As I understand this (and i am trying to remember old info so may be
      wrong) the Carriage Bow was a standard longbow that was cut in half at
      the handle, then a sleeve was made into which the cut ends were
      shoved, the string holding the limbs together.

      Do any of you experts have any thoughts, ideas, suggestions about doing this?

      As i said, it is just a thought and I may not possess the skills to
      perform the conversion, though it sounds like an interessting project.

      --
      Rick Johnson
      http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21 1:01 PM
        greetings

         something like this ??

        Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
        Arthur

        I'm not certain that I will do this but...

        I have a 71" 35# longbow and just ordered a 45# longbow.
        I was "thinking" about converting my 35# into a 2-piece carriage bow.
        As I understand this (and i am trying to remember old info so may be
        wrong) the Carriage Bow was a standard longbow that was cut in half at
        the handle, then a sleeve was made into which the cut ends were
        shoved, the string holding the limbs together.

        Do any of you experts have any thoughts, ideas, suggestions about doing this?

        As i said, it is just a thought and I may not possess the skills to
        perform the conversion, though it sounds like an interessting project.

        --
        Rick Johnson
        http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com

        Internal Virus Database is out of date.

      • lekervere
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 21 5:44 PM
          You can get the metal sleeve kits at 3 Rivers Archery. It looks like if you make a good clean cut it should align itself in the sleeve. You might want to mark your bow before cutting so you can be sure of lining it up later. You might do an online search for a video of the process of fitting the sleeves.

          Edward le Kervere