Re: [SCA-Archery] SSAC poll-- revote?

  • Taslen
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 15, 2013
      Sounds like a good idea!

      From: John R. Edgerton <sirjon1@...>
      To: "SCA-Archery@yahoogroups com" <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2013 2:38 PM
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] SSAC poll-- revote?

      We might consider having a re-vote between the top competitions since at this point it does not look like any of them will have strong support by the 17th.

      Jon

    • Chris Ivins
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 15, 2013
        I agree.

        I have a quick question: if one of the shoots that has been submitted for this shoot does not get chosen, can it be submitted again next season?

        - Iurii

        We might consider having a re-vote between the top competitions since at this point it does not look like any of them will have strong support by the 17th.

        Jon

      • John R. Edgerton
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 15, 2013
          Any shoot that is not chosen remains for the following seasons.

          Jon

          Chris Ivins <yuriilev@...> wrote:

          I agree.

          I have a quick question: if one of the shoots that has been submitted for this shoot does not get chosen, can it be submitted again next season?

          - Iurii

          We might consider having a re-vote between the top competitions since at this point it does not look like any of them will have strong support by the 17th.

          Jon

        • John R. Edgerton

            We might consider having a re-vote between the top competitions since at this point it does not look like any of them will have strong support by the 17th.

            Jon

          • chernislava
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 15, 2013
              At this point Five Pillars looks to have a pretty solid lead on the others; the closest other competitions are less than half its votes and there are several tied for second place (at the typing of this email). If you did a 're-vote' at this point, it would basically be re-voting almost the entire competition. I'd like to make the suggestion that if a shoot is leading by twice the votes of its closest competitor or more, we should just go with it. I don't recall doing a 'vote off' for previous SSAC polls...but then, shame on me, this is the first time I've voted! So I may have missed it in the past.

              If you aren't fond of the current shoot, no worries :) rare indeed is the shoot that pleases all of the people all of the time. If you don't like the way the current vote is trending (and you have already voted! If you don't vote, don't complain!) just a wait a few months and, like the weather, it too shall change.

              YIS,
              Chernislava Alekseeva

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "John R. Edgerton" <sirjon1@...> wrote:

              > We might consider having a re-vote between the top competitions since at this point it does not look like any of them will have strong support by the 17th.
              >
              > Jon

            • Jonathas
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 15, 2013

                I'd say, close the current polling Monday morning as advertised.  If the top two or three are within a few votes of each other then open a new polling with just those few, close that polling Friday.  We still need enough time after the second polling closes to make targets and iron out any rule questions before the shoot opens.

                In the mean time don't forget to go shoot the current shoot, or try to best your old score.

                Jon