Re: [SCA-Archery] The Mary Rose: Face of medieval archer reconstructed by Welsh scuebtusts

  • Suzanne Lacey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013
      Thanks for the link! Fascinating.

      Suzanne

      On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:40 PM, John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

      Jon
      ********************

      "Scientists have also found out new details about the medieval bowman, including his age and rank

      This is the reconstructed face of a medieval archer who drowned on King Henry VIII’s ship the Mary Rose.

      And scientists at a Welsh university who gave the long lost bowman his face say they have also discovered amazing new details about him

    • John Edgerton
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013

        I am glad your found it useful.

        Jon

        Thank you for posting this. I found the complete article facinating. At this point, I am a number around me are very interested in the Mary Rose and looking at the tools they had that could be used to support archery.

        Charles O'Connor

        "Scientists have also found out new details about the medieval bowman, including his age and rank
        This is the reconstructed face of a medieval archer who drowned on King Henry VIII’s ship the Mary Rose.
        And scientists at a Welsh university who gave the long lost bowman his face say they have also discovered amazing new details about him
      • Taslen
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013
          I would love to be able to get permission to reprint this in the @&Q!

          Gaelen