Re: [SCA-Archery] The Mary Rose: Face of medieval archer reconstructed by Welsh scuebtusts

  • J. Hughes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013
      Sir Jon,

      Thank you for posting this. I found the complete article facinating. At this point, I am a number around me are very interested in the Mary Rose and looking at the tools they had that could be used to support archery.

      Charles O'Connor

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013
        Thanks for the link! Fascinating.

        Suzanne

        On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:40 PM, John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

        Jon
        ********************

        "Scientists have also found out new details about the medieval bowman, including his age and rank

        This is the reconstructed face of a medieval archer who drowned on King Henry VIII’s ship the Mary Rose.

        And scientists at a Welsh university who gave the long lost bowman his face say they have also discovered amazing new details about him

      • John Edgerton
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013

          I am glad your found it useful.

          Jon

          Thank you for posting this. I found the complete article facinating. At this point, I am a number around me are very interested in the Mary Rose and looking at the tools they had that could be used to support archery.

          Charles O'Connor

          "Scientists have also found out new details about the medieval bowman, including his age and rank
          This is the reconstructed face of a medieval archer who drowned on King Henry VIII’s ship the Mary Rose.
          And scientists at a Welsh university who gave the long lost bowman his face say they have also discovered amazing new details about him
        • Taslen
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 14, 2013
            I would love to be able to get permission to reprint this in the @&Q!

            Gaelen