Period Bows within the proposed Guild

  • htgalwm
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 9, 2013
      Fellow Archers,
      Speaking solely for myself, I think the Guild should not ask 'What is a Period Bow', but instead 'How Authentic is -this- bow and how can the next one be improved'. Rather than drawing lines and excluding those who don't fall on one side of them, I'd like to focus on encouraging an expansion of historical knowledge, regarding archers and archery, throughout the Society.

      Hollis Turnage
    • Carolus
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2013
        I think this would be a much better approach and could be applied to the entire archer as well.
        Carolus
        On 6/9/2013 6:57 AM, htgalwm wrote:

        Fellow Archers,
        Speaking solely for myself, I think the Guild should not ask 'What is a Period Bow', but instead 'How Authentic is -this- bow and how can the next one be improved'. Rather than drawing lines and excluding those who don't fall on one side of them, I'd like to focus on encouraging an expansion of historical knowledge, regarding archers and archery, throughout the Society.

        Hollis Turnage

      • John R. Edgerton

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2013
            Hear, hear, I agree, well said.

            - Iurii

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 10, 2013
              Unfortunately this conversation got side-tracked. The original post had nothing to do with the Guild. It was for clarification on IKAC and Royal Round Shooting - what is open bow and what is a period bow.

              Vincenti

              On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Chris Ivins <yuriilev@...> wrote:

              Hear, hear, I agree, well said.

              - Iurii