Summer SSAC Poll

  • Jonathas
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 7, 2013
      Greetings all,

      Sir Jon has the poll for the next SSAC setup.  The current shoot was selected by the votes of a mere 19 people with only 8 voting for the shoot which won.  Please take a moment to read about all the shoots and then vote.  You can't complain about the shoot selected if you didn't even bother to vote!!!!

      Proposed Shoots Descriptions and Rules
      Blunts Competitive: http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=126
      Double Royal Round: http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=106
      Five Pillars: http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=127
      Lucky Target: http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=169
      Nottingham: http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=170
      Popinjay: http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=105
      Random Distance: http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=171
      Random Stance: http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=172
      Tir Beursault: http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=108

      If you have questions about these shoots please feel free to ask them via the SCA-Archery group.  If you have ideas for shoots for future seasons please email them to me and I will get them added to the list of 'Proposed Shoots' for the Fall Season.

      Looking forward to a good summers shoot!
      Jonathas

    • Chris Ivins
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 7, 2013
        One problem I see is that the polls are usually only for a brief time, and usually are over a weekend, when many people are preparing for/are at events. And not everybody gets online/checks their email daily.
        I know everyone wants quick results, but having a poll vote that usually lasts less than a week(and during a weekend) will most likely have less than stellar results. And yes, I did vote.

        Just my two kopecks,
                                         Iurii

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 7, 2013
          Yes that came out during the discussion after the last vote.  This time around the poll should be open for closer to 2 weeks as the original plan was to for the poll to happen from the first of the month through the fifteenth, with the sixteenth through the end of the month for target creation and nailing down any rules questions on the shoot selected.  The vote got started a bit late, but even it the poll is only left open until the fifteenth it would have a full week.  I'm sure Sir Jon will probably keep it open a few days late as it was late getting started, something like the 17th~18th.  More then enough time for anyone who wishes to vote to get a moment or two do do so.

          Any which way, the voting is open now, if you have any interest in what the next shoot is please take a moment to go drop your 2cents in the bucket. The shoot with the most votes will be the Summer SSAC and begin on July 1.

          The poll currently has 9 votes out of 1492 members in the group....

          Jonathas

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 7, 2013
                Sir Jon, I give my thanks, on the poll page it said the poll ended on the 10th, not the 15th.
                And yes, I am frustrated by the lack of votes vs. number of members, but I know that i have voted on almost all of the polls. The only one I didn't vote on was one where I did not like any of the options, and would not vote for one I did not like.

                - IS,
                        Iurii

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 7, 2013

                  -snip-
                  . The only one I didn't vote on was one where I did not like any of the options, and would not vote for one I did not like.

                  > - IS,
                  >         Iurii

                  -snip-

                  So, you volunteered a new and different shoot right?!?

                  ;)

                  Jonathas

                • Chris Ivins
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 9, 2013
                    No, I didn't realize that was required.

                    - Iurii

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 9, 2013
                      Voting Happiness!
                      Thanks for all the submissions of fun new ideas.

                      For the Spring(not blunts, not pass through)shoot, regardless of voting numbers the shooting numbers are great! I've marshalled 25 participants, included it in a GAT and a few of us fanatics shot it weekly! It was challenging and fun. Keep up the Novelty Charge!!

                      Smiles,
                      Lady Johanna