Re: [SCA-Archery] What is a period bow

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 66 , May 30, 2013
      When we are discussing fiberglass bows we should make sure that it is clear if we are talking about solid fiberglass bows or about laminated fiberglass bows.  They are two very different bow construction methods.  When I have been saying "fiberglass bows" I have only meant solid fiberglass bows.

      And to make it clear again, this discussion was intended make clear what was allowed in the period division of the IKAC as far as what bow limb materials were allowed.  It is not intended to encourage not allowing the use of non-period bows in the IKAC or any other archery competitions.

      Jon
    • John Edgerton
      Message 66 of 66 , Jun 7, 2013
        Thank you.  I clicked on the two images you attached, but had no image.

        Jon