Re: [SCA-Archery] re: what is a period bow

  • Doug Copley
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2013
      The point is that we are not even discussing the remote possibility that any of the current bows and equipment would not be allowed in any way shape or form.

      We are talking about clarifying what constitutes a Period Bow and what is an Open Bow.

      At no point has anyone mentioned not allowing someone to shoot their fiberglass bow.

      Vincenti

      On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:11 PM, John Mail <lionsgater@...> wrote:

      Without having the rules sitting here in front of me I see no difference between a fiberglass bow and a wood bow. I'm also sure we can find bowyers who would tell you their wood bows will outshoot a fibreglass bow any day.

      If we start nit-picking whether a wood horsebow or a fibreglass horsebow are period how far away are we from reclassifying my old crappy Samwha recurve and my much older (now sold) Hoyt Olympian?

      Let's try to keep everyone shooting.

      Archos John Macandew