Re: horse bow Re: [SCA-Archery] What is a period bow

  • Doug Copley
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2013
      yep they can be quite expensive. my longbow was over $1,000 new. And yes it is really nice and it shoots great. but it is not easy to master a longbow.

      On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:36 AM, JDS <ren.touch@...> wrote:
      As a semi Aside I went to pennsic a few years ago and there
      was an Bower selling and did have hand made horse bow he
      asked If I would like it strung I inquired Price
      Thousands of (3?) dollars
      I declined.(I did not want to know how good it felt )
      It was very Light feeling & was a wonder to look
      upon.
      Johann
      An Tir

      Snip

      One thing to think about: How many truly period horsebows have you seen?

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)