What is a period bow

  • Doug Copley
    Message 1 of 66 , May 30, 2013
      This brings up a good question: Modern Horse Bows. Wooden riser, no cut out arrow rest, limbs are covered with leather, BUT the limbs are fiberglass. Are they allowed?

      I have not been allowing them because with the limbs being fiberglass they are gaining an unfair advantage over a longbow made of wood. a 50# fiberglass bow will shoot fast than a 50# wood limb bow.

      So how is this handled in other kingdoms? I would prefer that we move together and try to get the rules so that they are the same.

      Vincenti
      Ansteorra
    • John Edgerton
      Message 66 of 66 , Jun 7, 2013
        Thank you.  I clicked on the two images you attached, but had no image.

        Jon