Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery Guild

  • James Barbour
    Message 1 of 6 , May 25, 2013
      This was money well spent.
          Before you can decide on having a guild or not, you must first get a clear understanding of what you want to accomplish with a guild.
      Do you want high scorers only ( no guild required... go practice). If it is to just dress more period...make or buy better clothing. If it is so gather up those that like archery and are wanting and willing to share ideas then by all means a guild. Archery Guild. Within the guild there can be different sects dependent on the area of archery that you wish to study, learn, and/or teach archery.

         There should not be a minimum score of any kind that will grant you admittance into the guild. You should be voted into a guild by meeting criteria set by the different sects.

         I can shoot worth a dam. I can hardly see clearly beyond the end of my arrow. I do however, understand and teach the fundamentals of basic marksmanship rather well. Some of my students are well on their way to become Grand Elite Bowman for my efforts.

         I an also not the greatest of craftsman. but like to study and figure out how things work and why.

         The discussions that I have read over this would preclude me from being part of a guild. I cant shoot and am not a craftsman. I do possess a passion.

        When we as a community can decide what we want than and only then should we look at a guild the covers and promotes Archery.

      Eoghan