Re: [SCA-Archery] Period, non-period, and crossbows. WAS: Re: Crossbows vs Others

  • Carolus
    Message 1 of 94 , May 24, 2013
      Agreed.  We have Archer's Guilds and the focus is on shooting.  In the 35+ years I've been involved with the SCA they haven't helped promote period archery.  An Archery Guild which brings all the aspects of archery together and is focused on period presentation and education may do that.
      Carolus
      On 5/24/2013 7:05 AM, William Davis wrote:

      That depends on what you are creating, an Archery Guild, or an Archer's Guild.  If it is an Archer's Guild, you must be an Archer, which means you must be able to shoot, or at least have record that you used to shoot (for those retired from archery).

      Gwilym

      Message 94 of 94 , May 25, 2013
        Having read comments, and having almost been driven away by one obsessed with perfection, my concern is omission. I like the concept that was presented that included archers like myself. Limiting a guild to only those with period equipment is exclusionary and could end up fragmenting our community. I could, however, be misunderstanding your use of the term "period" and the inclusion of those with non-period equipment. IMHO, if this guild is to be proposed as a society-wide entity it can't exclude any portion of our community and be successful.

        Moire Ayres, archer