Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery guild. Was: Period, non-period, and crossbows.

  • Ronald Klick
    Message 1 of 94 , May 23, 2013
      I am sorry to be blunt, but if one has a back injury and cannot shoot, then one is not an archer. Perhaps a
      former archer, or a retired archer, but not currently an archer.  Establishing a Novice level based on RR's
      seems a simple and obvious choice, perhaps with different criteria/shooting rounds for more advanced
      levels within the Guild. As for those that cannot shoot due to injury, are they suggesting any other
      method than RRs, or are they suggesting criteria that do not require shooting(?) which makes no sense.
      Archery is shooting,....  Are they giving you guff about your criteria and insisting that it allow those
      that cannot shoot to be allowed a pass because the cannot do the activity?

      Osmond

      Message 94 of 94 , May 25, 2013
        Having read comments, and having almost been driven away by one obsessed with perfection, my concern is omission. I like the concept that was presented that included archers like myself. Limiting a guild to only those with period equipment is exclusionary and could end up fragmenting our community. I could, however, be misunderstanding your use of the term "period" and the inclusion of those with non-period equipment. IMHO, if this guild is to be proposed as a society-wide entity it can't exclude any portion of our community and be successful.

        Moire Ayres, archer