Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery guild. Was: Period, non-period, and crossbows.

  • Bai-Or
    Message 1 of 94 , May 23, 2013
      Gladius,

      Do you think it could be used in conjunction with a period archery guild as an achievement system?  For example, total conjecture, but lets say the guild has 4 levels; novice, apprentice, journeyman, and master.  How would we be able to use the GAT to distinguish them?  If we could find a way, it would be perfect as it includes events and online scores.

      Also, and please correct me if I am wrong as I don't think we have an archery guild in Midrealm, but I think most archery guilds function sort of like households.  A sort of regional thing that may or may not have requirements, but more often are invitation.  But, like the proposed Grand Archery Fellowship, this guild would function SCA wide.

      -Eogan

      On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 9:58 PM, James Koch <alchem@...> wrote:

      Osmond,

      We already have a new SCA wide system of ranking archers based upon their placement in various competitions relative to other participants.  It is new, so the existing scores are incomplete and inaccurate.
      http://www.scores-sca.org/public/page.php?R=25&PID=146

      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

      >At 08:24 PM 5/23/2013, you wrote:

      As far as RR's to establish any kind of ranking system, take a look at some of the Kingdom Archery sites. They use different
      scoring brackets, different titles, and a few even use an average based on top three scores of the season rather than the previous
      twelve months. I would suggest development of a new type round with the intention from its inception to be used across the
      SCA and would appeal to those that have become bored with RR's and IKAC's.

      Osmond

      Message 94 of 94 , May 25, 2013
        Having read comments, and having almost been driven away by one obsessed with perfection, my concern is omission. I like the concept that was presented that included archers like myself. Limiting a guild to only those with period equipment is exclusionary and could end up fragmenting our community. I could, however, be misunderstanding your use of the term "period" and the inclusion of those with non-period equipment. IMHO, if this guild is to be proposed as a society-wide entity it can't exclude any portion of our community and be successful.

        Moire Ayres, archer