Re: [SCA-Archery] Archery guild. Was: Period, non-period, and crossbows.

  • John R. Edgerton
    Message 1 of 94 , May 23 4:02 PM
      Something to consider is that most kingdoms already have their own archery Guild or guilds. Would a new society archery/missile guild work with the existing guilds or would it be separate from them?

      Jon

      John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

      This general subject was also discussed under the name "Grand Missile Fellowship" search the old messages for this topic.

      Jon

      Message 94 of 94 , May 25 9:48 AM
        Having read comments, and having almost been driven away by one obsessed with perfection, my concern is omission. I like the concept that was presented that included archers like myself. Limiting a guild to only those with period equipment is exclusionary and could end up fragmenting our community. I could, however, be misunderstanding your use of the term "period" and the inclusion of those with non-period equipment. IMHO, if this guild is to be proposed as a society-wide entity it can't exclude any portion of our community and be successful.

        Moire Ayres, archer