Re: [SCA-Archery] Period, non-period, and crossbows. WAS: Re: Crossbows vs Others

  • Karl W. Evoy
    Message 1 of 94 , May 23 8:57 AM
      Except that the SCA archery list is a part of the SCA, and thus is concerned with recreation of the Middle Ages.
      So the clothing, tackle and other accouterments of the archer are a valid discussion point, and should be a concern of the members of this list.
      Ancel

      Message 94 of 94 , May 25 9:48 AM
        Having read comments, and having almost been driven away by one obsessed with perfection, my concern is omission. I like the concept that was presented that included archers like myself. Limiting a guild to only those with period equipment is exclusionary and could end up fragmenting our community. I could, however, be misunderstanding your use of the term "period" and the inclusion of those with non-period equipment. IMHO, if this guild is to be proposed as a society-wide entity it can't exclude any portion of our community and be successful.

        Moire Ayres, archer