Re: [SCA-Archery] Period, non-period, and crossbows. WAS: Re: Crossbows vs Others

  • Karl W. Evoy
    Message 1 of 94 , May 20 3:52 PM
      Some people would rather use the advantages of modern materials and
      technology, than try to be more period.
      Mostly, I've rarely found it difficult to find fiberglass recurves at
      fleamarkets for no more than $50, usually much less.
      I'm hoping sometime to make/have made a wooden prodded crossbow for an
      Anglo-Norman persona piece.

      Ancel

      Message 94 of 94 , May 25 9:48 AM
        Having read comments, and having almost been driven away by one obsessed with perfection, my concern is omission. I like the concept that was presented that included archers like myself. Limiting a guild to only those with period equipment is exclusionary and could end up fragmenting our community. I could, however, be misunderstanding your use of the term "period" and the inclusion of those with non-period equipment. IMHO, if this guild is to be proposed as a society-wide entity it can't exclude any portion of our community and be successful.

        Moire Ayres, archer