RE: [SCA-Archery] Period, non-period, and crossbows. WAS: Re: Crossbows vs Others

  • Bill Moore
    Message 1 of 94 , May 20, 2013

      I know that here in AEthelmearc, we have an award for martial authenticity. We have several archers who have won this because of the period look of their kit and appropriate garb for their persona.

      Edward

      Message 94 of 94 , May 25, 2013
        Having read comments, and having almost been driven away by one obsessed with perfection, my concern is omission. I like the concept that was presented that included archers like myself. Limiting a guild to only those with period equipment is exclusionary and could end up fragmenting our community. I could, however, be misunderstanding your use of the term "period" and the inclusion of those with non-period equipment. IMHO, if this guild is to be proposed as a society-wide entity it can't exclude any portion of our community and be successful.

        Moire Ayres, archer