Re: Period, non-period, and crossbows. WAS: Re: Crossbows vs Others

  • bluecat@neo.rr.com
    Message 1 of 94 , May 19 7:22 AM
      While I have no issues with the current rules on crossbows and hand bows, and generally ignore the un medieval
      appearance of any that come to the range, I think I would have some exception to the PVC pipe bows. Appearance
      wise they would be better suited to the heavy combat field where the potential for abuse of the bow by being
      struck is much greater.

      Frankly- they would be great for Combat Archery use and far more suitable in heavy combat where the bow/cross
      bow safety rules could then be revised.

      If someone develops a PVC pipe crossbow- i'd love to see it.

      Dirk Edward of Frisia
    • pat_auten
      Message 94 of 94 , May 25 9:48 AM
        Having read comments, and having almost been driven away by one obsessed with perfection, my concern is omission. I like the concept that was presented that included archers like myself. Limiting a guild to only those with period equipment is exclusionary and could end up fragmenting our community. I could, however, be misunderstanding your use of the term "period" and the inclusion of those with non-period equipment. IMHO, if this guild is to be proposed as a society-wide entity it can't exclude any portion of our community and be successful.

        Moire Ayres, archer