Egil's Novelty Archery Tournaments - - Adiantum, AnTir!

  • Johanna Trewpeny
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2013

      Where... in the World... is... Egil's Adiantum?   (Just south of Eugene, Oregon, USA)

      May is closing with a THWACK as our arrows plunge into a multitude of fun targets!  Egils! May 24-27!

       Participate in Adiantum’s Archery Championship, or throw yourself into the challenges of Egils Archery Tournament (submitted as a Grand Archery Tournament-Q&Q if 20+ participants) and several other Novelty Shoots detailed below.  We hope to see you there, especially all my wonderfully helpful marshal friends!   I can’t make it all happen without volunteers!  To see pictures of the prizes to be won go to the Egils 39 website!

      Sweeps a curtsy,

      Lady Johanna Trewpeny-Honorable : Adiantum! Summits! AnTir!

      “Ports of the World” Target Archery - Egil's 2013

      A Similar Schedule to last year with a few target TWISTS….

      Range Setup

      Help is WELCOME on Friday(12-2) for setup and help from target marshals would be appreciated during any part of the weekend!

      New to Archery? (Friday 2-5PM)

      Target archery instruction will be offered on Friday afternoon and during the 'Fun' shoots.

      Look forward to a hitting an archery target at least once within your first 30 minutes!

      Please be patient if the range is busy or if instructors are in short supply.  A small quantity of loaner gear is available.

      Royal Rounds and Inter Kingdom Archery Competition(IKAC) for all ages

       (Friday 2-5PM / Sunday 10AM / Mon 9:30AM)

      Work up your Kingdom Rank! Friday afternoon, Monday morning, and other times depending on marshal availability.  All scores will be posted on AnTir Scores Home (Scores.SCA.org).  Search for your name to see all of your submitted scores.  If you have at least three scores (two for Children and Youth) submitted in one ‘season/year’ your name will appear in the Current Scores chart for our glorious Kingdom!

      Candle Shoot – After Dark

      (Friday 9PM) Celebrate arrival and completed camp setup with a giant candle for a target, only the moon, stars and candles for light to aim by!    - no loaner arrows for this shoot.

      3 Pillars Archery Competition - Skill Prize

      (Saturday 10AM-12PM– Overall Entrants 9:30)

      Entrants must prove their worth!  No practice shots will be allowed at these targets! If you want to brush up those archery skills in preparation, come Friday Afternoon and shoot a Royal Round with Lady Johanna!  This Competition is for those who already know the basics of Archery.

      Celebrate the “Ports of the World” at our Ship YAAARRRRRR-D - The dock-et includes…

      Egyptian Sailship,   Chinese Junk,   Norse Longship,

         Roman Galley,   Greek Dromon,   Portugese Caravel,

            German Carrak,   Spanish Explorer  and  English Merchant

                  ……..which is the Pirate and which the Plague Ship? - oh rats!

      Port-Able - Shoot a ‘porthole’ view of various Ports.

      Cabled Card-again - Back by popular demand. Your arrows select the cards, the cards determine the score! Here’s the TWIST!

      You must choose: stand backwards, kneel or sit to shoot.

      A Mast Ye! - Long and Narrow for dramatic skill display.

      Sea Dragon - An unusual 3D target…. we’re almost positive we can keep this Leviathan from running amuck through the camp… but a few extra arrows should help pin him in place!

      Fun with Medieval Archery - Participation Prize by Drawing

      (Saturday 2-5PM)  Instruction available for new archers but almost anyone can join in the fun!

       >>-----> Roving Around - Simulating a roving course, without the walk!  For each round, one archer selects the ‘object’ of the target.  Closest arrow wins the round.

      Shoot at the various locations: Farmyard, Weavery,  Butcher Shop, Baker Shop, Chandler (Candle Maker’s) and the Kitchen Garden.

      Also shoot Lady Johanna’s Tick Tack Target and Flemish Flowers circa 1535!

      Silly Sunday Shoot

      (Sunday 10AM-12PM)

      A-Sailed by Moar Monsters Making Mayhem - Drawn from the combined minds of the Baronial collective, Mini Monsters littering the ships are just waiting to be dispatched. Other favorite targets from the weekend or Royal Rounds may also be available at the Marshal’s discretion.

      ADIANTUM ARCHERY CHAMPIONSHIP

      (Sunday 1:30-4PM (Finals 3:30)

      Archos William Cristofer welcomes archers to compete to succeed him as Archery Champion of Adiantum!  To win the title one must be a current SCA member(18+).   The Champion designs the tournament.  This year he has included a requirement of TWO Royal Rounds which must be scored BEFORE participation in the Championship, either previous to the event or when Royal Round shooting is available(Friday afternoon or Sunday morning).  Royal Rounds are shot at Adiantum Practices on a bi-weekly basis.  This requirement is intended to even the field.

      Questions?

      Contact Lady Johanna – johannatrueshot@...

      Archery Officer - Adiantum, Summits, AnTir!

    • John Edgerton
      Message 2 of 4 , May 15, 2013
         Sounds like fun. What source are you basing the Flemish Flowers circa 1535 upon?  I have been trying to find more information on that competition.

        Thanks

        Jon

> [...]

        ADIANTUM ARCHERY CHAMPIONSHIP

        (Sunday 1:30-4PM (Finals 3:30)

        Archos William Cristofer welcomes archers to compete to succeed him as Archery Champion of Adiantum!  To win the title one must be a current SCA member(18+).   The Champion designs the tournament.  This year he has included a requirement of TWO Royal Rounds which must be scored BEFORE participation in the Championship, either previous to the event or when Royal Round shooting is available(Friday afternoon or Sunday morning).  Royal Rounds are shot at Adiantum Practices on a bi-weekly basis.  This requirement is intended to even the field.

        Questions?

        Contact Lady Johanna – johannatrueshot@...

        Archery Officer - Adiantum, Summits, AnTir!

      • ladyjohannatrewpeny
        Message 3 of 4 , May 15, 2013
          Your AWESOME book, of course! I made the boxes bigger and changed the difficulty to accommodate a 'newer to archery' population.
          If they hit three of the 'same flower' they Get a silk flower to wear in their lapel or give to their 'inspiration'!(unless they are a high ranking archer, then I make them hit more. :)
        • John Edgerton
          Message 4 of 4 , May 15, 2013
            Ah ... I was hoping you had found further information. I am going to be working that up for a SSAC.  If you could post a photo of it to the group, I would be most grateful.

            Thank you.

            Jon