Re: Which Bitzenburger do you recommend

  • lekervere
    Message 1 of 11 , May 6, 2013
      Don't you know there's a war on?
      There is no practice in Windy Meads this Sunday, due to the Mists-Cynagua War and Mothers' Day activities. That means I won't be there with the loaner equipment. On the other hand, its a public park, so there is no reason you guys can't meet there for some practice.
      I will hold practice on Sunday 5/19. The following weekend, 5/24 to 5/27 is Cynagua Coronet Tournament, and I will have an archery range open at the fairgrounds in Quincy.

      Edward le Kervere
      Minister of the Bow for Cynagua

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "aelric_southlake" <magnetcoil@...> wrote:

      > Been trying to make it to a Windymeads practice myself. Just went there a couple weekends ago for the "hunt," which was cool. We live in Concord now, so it's a bit of a drive - but it's the only "SCA" practice around here now (I think).
      >
      > Well, that settles it, I was thinking of trying to arrange some kind of open "arrow making" night at my place, to share ideas and tricks, and inspire those interested in giving it a try, or to help motivate one another kinda-thing. I'll redouble my efforts toward that...
      >
      > I'll try to get to Windymeads this coming Sunday, and seek you out.
      >
      > ~ A
      >
      > --- In SCA-Archery "tomjulessca" wrote:
      > >
      > > Aelric,
      > >
      > > Thanks for all the good info. As it happens I am in the West and recently started attending the Windymeads practices. Once I get started I may take you up on guidance through the process - thanks.
      > >
      > > Tom

    • aelric_southlake
      Message 2 of 11 , May 7, 2013
        Ha ha ha... oh yeah, Right. Well... maybe the weekend after THAT! Thanks Edward!

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "lekervere" <edwoodguy@...> wrote:

        > Don't you know there's a war on?
        > There is no practice in Windy Meads this Sunday, due to the Mists-Cynagua War and Mothers' Day...
      • tomjulessca
        Message 3 of 11 , May 7, 2013
          Aelric,

          I am in Dixon but if you hold an arrow making workshop in Concord I will be there if at all possible.

          tom

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "aelric_southlake" <magnetcoil@...> wrote:

          > Been trying to make it to a Windymeads practice myself. Just went there a couple weekends ago for the "hunt," which was cool. We live in Concord now, so it's a bit of a drive - but it's the only "SCA" practice around here now (I think).
          >
          > Well, that settles it, I was thinking of trying to arrange some kind of open "arrow making" night at my place, to share ideas and tricks, and inspire those interested in giving it a try, or to help motivate one another kinda-thing. I'll redouble my efforts toward that...
          >
          > I'll try to get to Windymeads this coming Sunday, and seek you out.
          >
          > ~ A
          >
          > --- In SCA-Archery "tomjulessca" wrote:
          > >
          > > Aelric,
          > >
          > > Thanks for all the good info. As it happens I am in the West and recently started attending the Windymeads practices. Once I get started I may take you up on guidance through the process - thanks.
          > >
          > > Tom

        • tomjulessca
          Message 4 of 11 , May 7, 2013
            I am off to Eureka this weekend but should be at practice on the 19th.

            Tom