Re: [SCA-Archery] Question on Feathers

  • John R. Edgerton
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 21, 2013
      The colored bars are simulated, the feathers are real,to the best of my knowledge.

      Jon

      alpincallan <codymccormick1991@...> wrote:

      Found this website for Feathers that's as cheap as I have seen so far. BUT they use simulated feathers not the real thing. Are they allowed and if not does anyone have a site with some decent priced ones.

      http://www.eaglearchery.com/Gateway-Parabolic-Barred-3-Feather

    • Susan Carroll-Clark
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21, 2013
        On 21/04/2013 8:36 PM, John R. Edgerton wrote:
        The colored bars are simulated, the feathers are real,to the best of my knowledge.

        Jon
        Yep--as far as I know, there's no such thing as a "simulated feather."  The real thing is fairly easy and cheap to obtain.  There are synthetic flights available, as I'm sure most folks know, but they don't claim to be feathers.

        Nicolaa
      • David Keil
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 21, 2013
          I use Trueflight, Gateway and AMG.  All are feathers and all have their own variety of colors.  My preference is Gateway as they have a pine green, a rose red and a denim blue that are richer in color that Trueflight.  AMG has a great golden yellow feather that is very rich.
          My tastes are for heraldic/primary shades and these fit the bill.

          Enjoy them all!

          Evrard de Valogne,
          Order of the Grey Goose Shaft

          On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 3:17 PM, alpincallan <codymccormick1991@...> wrote:
          Found this website for Feathers that's as cheap as I have seen so far. BUT they use simulated feathers not the real thing. Are they allowed and if not does anyone have a site with some decent priced ones.

          http://www.eaglearchery.com/Gateway-Parabolic-Barred-3-Feather

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              SCA-Archery-digest@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Cody McCormick
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 21, 2013
            Ok thanks for the quick replys i just wanted to make sure before i ordered them

            --
            ~Cody McCormick~
          • russ register
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 22, 2013
              pool is begin drained lol
              its snowing
              how was combatives etc you but be so tired sore
              take ibpropine

              To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com