Question on Feathers

  • alpincallan
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 21, 2013
      Found this website for Feathers that's as cheap as I have seen so far. BUT they use simulated feathers not the real thing. Are they allowed and if not does anyone have a site with some decent priced ones.

      http://www.eaglearchery.com/Gateway-Parabolic-Barred-3-Feather
    • Dayrl Merrill
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21, 2013
        I believe the coloring to get the barred look is the imitation not the feathers.  I have used these with no problems.  Personally I like Trueflights quality better and the gateway coloring tends to be one sided and the base is thicker and less consistent.

        Rask Ulfbjorn,
        Viking Archery Supply,

        Found this website for Feathers that's as cheap as I have seen so far. BUT they use simulated feathers not the real thing. Are they allowed and if not does anyone have a site with some decent priced ones.

        http://www.eaglearchery.com/Gateway-Parabolic-Barred-3-Feather

      • John R. Edgerton
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 21, 2013
          The colored bars are simulated, the feathers are real,to the best of my knowledge.

          Jon

          alpincallan <codymccormick1991@...> wrote:

          Found this website for Feathers that's as cheap as I have seen so far. BUT they use simulated feathers not the real thing. Are they allowed and if not does anyone have a site with some decent priced ones.

          http://www.eaglearchery.com/Gateway-Parabolic-Barred-3-Feather

        • Susan Carroll-Clark
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 21, 2013
            On 21/04/2013 8:36 PM, John R. Edgerton wrote:
            The colored bars are simulated, the feathers are real,to the best of my knowledge.

            Jon
            Yep--as far as I know, there's no such thing as a "simulated feather."  The real thing is fairly easy and cheap to obtain.  There are synthetic flights available, as I'm sure most folks know, but they don't claim to be feathers.

            Nicolaa
          • David Keil
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 21, 2013
              I use Trueflight, Gateway and AMG.  All are feathers and all have their own variety of colors.  My preference is Gateway as they have a pine green, a rose red and a denim blue that are richer in color that Trueflight.  AMG has a great golden yellow feather that is very rich.
              My tastes are for heraldic/primary shades and these fit the bill.

              Enjoy them all!

              Evrard de Valogne,
              Order of the Grey Goose Shaft

              On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 3:17 PM, alpincallan <codymccormick1991@...> wrote:
              Found this website for Feathers that's as cheap as I have seen so far. BUT they use simulated feathers not the real thing. Are they allowed and if not does anyone have a site with some decent priced ones.

              http://www.eaglearchery.com/Gateway-Parabolic-Barred-3-Feather

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  SCA-Archery-digest@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Cody McCormick
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 21, 2013
                Ok thanks for the quick replys i just wanted to make sure before i ordered them

                --
                ~Cody McCormick~
              • russ register
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 22, 2013
                  pool is begin drained lol
                  its snowing
                  how was combatives etc you but be so tired sore
                  take ibpropine

                  To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com