RE: [SCA-Archery] Random Range competition.

  • lynn.palmieri
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013

      Sir Jon,

      As a “layman archer” I would think 12 arrows was indeed a lot.  Many shoots we go to result in overcrowded targets (and damaged arrows as a result) with only 6 per archer.  Also, not many archers here in the West carry that number of arrows in our quivers, though we may start off with that many :-}.  So I would say it depends on the number of archers participating, and the number of available targets.  Someone may want to pipe in with an “ideal” ratio of archers:target:arrows per archer…

      Sincerely,

      Elynor

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013
        Number of Arrows
        Personally I prefer less than 12 arrows
        required before retrieval
        6 is good Most archers do Maintain 6

        & a not too crowded target.

        Side not to go with that is if 10 people shot 12 arrows
        each in a couple positions /stances et c
        what about the other people on range ?

        When & how do they retrieve?
        is
        Johann
        AnTir
      • John R. Edgerton
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013
          It has already been changed to drawing and scoring after three ends of two arrows instead of six ends.

          And for the stance competition the arrows are drawn and scored at the finish of each end of six arrows, as per the current draft of the rules.

          Jon