Re: [SCA-Archery] Newbee looking for equipment.

  • Dayrl Merrill
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
      Depending on if you know what you need/want or if you need help figuring out what you can handle weight wise.  If the first and you don't mind dealing over the internet/phone I have been selling within the SCA for 25+ years but I am located in IN.  If you need help figuring out what you need find the local group and work with them to figure it out.  Then I can help.  Greybar and Elk Ridge are two other SCA merchants that will also be at Pennsic who could possibly help, but neither of them are in your area.

      Rask Ulfbjorn,
      Viking Archery Supply
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
        Patrice,

        If you are in Atlanta you are in the Barony of Southdowns. They have several good archers there. The nearby Shire of Sol Haven has a very active archery program with several enthusiastic members. They ran the archery at Fool's War. You can contact people in Meridies through the  IronBow  Yahoo Group. I look forward to seeing you on a range.

        Baron Charles O'Connor

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 19, 2013
          I don't know if you are planning on going to Pennsic or not, but, if you are I can recommend Viking Archery.  I purchased a very inexpensive bow from them last Pennsic.  Now it's not wood but for a beginning bow it's great.  He measured and figured out how long my arrows should be and custom made my string (think Tinkerbell Green).

          A very satisfied customer
          Angustias

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 19, 2013
            Dearest ALL~
            Thank you for your suggestions. I am hoping to be able to afford the equipment soon, it just isn't happening yet. I didn't realize that this would be so...well to be honest, Expensive! I am just getting back on my feet at this point in time. (I lost EVERYTHING in October...except hopes, dreams, and aspirations...)

            I am hoping to get out to Conyers this weekend so I can start learning the skills needed to be successful in this fine sport.

            Once again, THANK YOU ALL! You have made me feel so welcome!

            Patrice
            Empress of Patopia
            (Yeah it's my little world and they LOVE me here!)