Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Blunts Pass Through update

  • Jonathas
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 5, 2013
      Sorry for the confusion.  After discussing the final rules with Sir Jon, they have been updated and clarified. It seems that some folks browsers have cached the original rules and are not being properly updated.  The rules should start with "While this shoot was intended...." if they do not, please clear your cache and try again.

      To help this along quicker, here is the full rules as they stand for the remainder of this season:

      Shoot Begins: Monday, April 1, 2013
      Shoot Ends: Sunday, June 30, 2013
      Scores must be Submitted by: Monday, July 15, 2013 and within 14 days of being shot.

      Rules:
      While this shoot was intended for Combat Archery it has been adapted to Target Archery, the object was to shoot through a 'hole' in the target, however for the SSAC it is to be shot with standard target arrows and 'hole' is only a circle drawn onto the target. So then name is a bit of a misnomer, held over from the original CA concept as there is no longer a 'hole' for arrows to pass through in the target archery version of this shoot.

      Please read the SSAC General Rules, as these apply to all SSAC shoots. Below are the additional rules for this specific shoot.

      Target:
      The target is a 24"x24" (60cm) square with a 5.5" (14cm) diameter circle (the 'hole') drawn in the middle of the square.

      Scoring:
      5 Points for any arrow hitting the circle (the 'hole'). 1 Point for any arrow hitting the target square. Arrows touching the lines count in the Archer's favor.

      Ranges:
      Adult Range is 30 yards.
      Youth Ranges is 15 yards.

      Running the Shoot:
      For each of the three ends shoot 10 arrows.

      A perfect score would be: 50 points per end for 150 total

      Hopefully this helps clear up the confusion some.

      In Service,
      Jonathas

      On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:

      My concern was weather they shot immediately thru the hole at a target 30 yards down range thanks for the clarificataion

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 5, 2013
        Randal,

        So in essense your doing nothing more than shooting a target at 30 yards ? Seems a rather disapointing shoot to me if that's all there is to it.

        Gaelen O'Gradaigh