Nottingham target?

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4 9:12 PM
    I would like opinions on changing the size of the Nottingham competition target. It is currently a 2 inch peg. A 8 inch roundel. And a 24 inch outer circle.  The IKAC Period Division target has a 6cm (2.4") peg. A 24cm (9.4") roundel. And a 60cm (23.6") outer circle. There already exist printed copies of the IKAC Period target.  And I was sent (I do not remember by whom.) a printable size-able color PDF of it that should be able to be done at printing/Zerox shops with large format printers. See attached sample ( I hope). This face could also be used for other future competitions that would use a roundel of that size.

    Anyone that does not want to have it printed can still draw it by hand. The wreath around it is optional.

    Does anyone see any problems with changing to the standard IKAC roundel target dimensions?

    Jon
  • Taslen
    Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4 9:41 PM
      Jon,

      Looks great to me!

      Gaelen

      Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5 6:32 AM
        That sounds like a very good idea.  The IKAC chose those dimensions as they match certain rings from the standard FITA 60cm target.  To hand draw the target you can simply trace the circles through the back of a 60cm target.

        Consistency is good
        Jonathas

        On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:12 AM, John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

        [Attachment(s) from John Edgerton included below]

        I would like opinions on changing the size of the Nottingham competition target. It is currently a 2 inch peg. A 8 inch roundel. And a 24 inch outer circle.  The IKAC Period Division target has a 6cm (2.4") peg. A 24cm (9.4") roundel. And a 60cm (23.6") outer circle. There already exist printed copies of the IKAC Period target.  And I was sent (I do not remember by whom.) a printable size-able color PDF of it that should be able to be done at printing/Zerox shops with large format printers. See attached sample ( I hope). This face could also be used for other future competitions that would use a roundel of that size.

        Anyone that does not want to have it printed can still draw it by hand. The wreath around it is optional.

        Does anyone see any problems with changing to the standard IKAC roundel target dimensions?

        Jon

      • Rusty McMillan
        Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6 9:32 AM
          Jon,

          Sounds like a great idea! The rules of the shoot make it different enough from a RR or IKAC that using the period target face would make almost no difference in the outcome.

          By the way, discussing the fine points this far in advance of the vote is also a great idea!!!

          YIS, Randal

          > I would like opinions on changing the size of the Nottingham competition target.
          > It is currently a 2 inch peg. A 8 inch roundel. And a 24 inch outer circle. The
          > IKAC Period Division target has a 6cm (2.4") peg. A 24cm (9.4") roundel. And a
          > 60cm (23.6") outer circle. There already exist printed copies of the IKAC Period
          > target. And I was sent (I do not remember by whom.) a printable size-able color
          > PDF of it that should be able to be done at printing/Zerox shops with large
          > format printers. See attached sample ( I hope). This face could also be used for
          > other future competitions that would use a roundel of that size.
          >
          > Anyone that does not want to have it printed can still draw it by hand. The
          > wreath around it is optional.
          >
          > Does anyone see any problems with changing to the standard IKAC roundel target
          > dimensions?
          >
          > Jon

        • Taslen
          Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6 7:28 PM
            Randal and Jon,

            I definitely agree being able to work the bugs out in advance is going to make it alot easier for the marshals running the events.

            Gaelen