SN Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Blunts Pass Through update

  • JDS
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2013
      Side note: Hole vs Whole

      SNIP
      Um.... passing through what hole? If we delete the hole, then do you mean "Hitting the center circle?"
      Actually, I thought having a target with a hole in the center would be fun!

      I was on the range at an event,
      A lady was reacquainting her self with archery.
      using the 10 or 15 yard butts.

      She was doing "~well enough~"
      hitting the target face.

      We found it necessary to take the target face from
      her replacing it with one that the center was
      literally shot away.
      (for scoring reasons, she was asked and had no issues)

      I found it interesting that when she was given a
      "hole" she improved.

      I am guessing /assuming that her
      focus/ visualization /conception
      worked better with shoot though /into the
      hole /black spot
      than "in the gold" or "center"

      & I my self seldom use a fita /round target face
      at home. & find my self (seeming to be)shooting
      Less accurately when I get to an event /practice.
      Possibly because I see the "whole" target and
      forget or can't focus on only the Center/Gold.
      (I am also in a new place & footing etc )

      I think I said in the target height discussion
      the Center is always
      at the center no matter the height of target.

      One of many things for me to work on.

      It might be interesting to try
      having a "hole" "pass through"
      AND
      a "solid" Target and see if there is
      a scoring difference.

      Has any one else seen this or have ideas ?

      Well I ramble off now
      Is
      Johann An Tir