Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: SSAC Poll

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 31, 2013
      I think the possibility of repeating competitions after a minimum period of time should be considered. Perhaps four seasons or one year.

      Jon

      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 1, 2013
        I would be up for that but I would reccomend that there be at least a one year rotation though.

        Gaelen

        I think the possibility of repeating competitions after a minimum period of time should be considered. Perhaps four seasons or one year.

        Jon

        I'm sure most cases of not voting are that some people might not have read their emails yet, but there is also the possibility that at least SOME of the people aren't voting because they didn't like the options. I have placed my vote, so that is not the case with me, though!
        (Though I still REALLY want to see the Triangle be on the list of choices again, soon!)

        - IS, Iurii

        If you do not cast your vote for the next SSAC competition, then you have no grounds for complaint if you do not like the competition that is selected.  So far as of 10:53 PDT, there have been only 17 votes on the next SSAC competition._
        If II

        ._,___

      • Jonathas
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 1, 2013
          Agree, no less then one year before a repeat, and even then it needs to be tweaked to be a little bit different.  Or do a "Season of Favorites" where each month is a previous favorite shoot unchanged.

          Jonathas

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 6, 2013
            The voting for the summer SSAC competition has begun. Please read the rules for all the competitions before voting. The rules may be found a the SCA Scores site.  Go to:
            And click on "SSAC" on the left. Then click on "whats next".
            The vote will last until June 10.

            Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf
          • John Edgerton
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 6, 2013
              I made an error in the previous version of the poll.  I left out the Popinjay shoot.  This has been corrected in the new poll.  For the one person that has already voted, please vote again.

              Jon

              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 7, 2013
                Jon,

                Can you post the link to the Poll?

                Gaelen

                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 11, 2013

                  This is a reminder that the SSAC poll has been extended to June 17.

                  There were only 19 votes as of June 10.

                  Jon
                • John Edgerton
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 14, 2013
                    This is a reminder that the SSAC poll has been extended to June 17.

                    There were only 22 votes as of June 14.
                    There were only 19 votes as of June 10.

                    Jon
                  • Chris Ivins
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 15, 2013
                      I had really hoped there would be more response/votes this time, this is very frustrating.

                      - Iurii

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 15, 2013
                        I'm a brand new member to the list, and I voted. :-)
                        Mistress Alheydis von Körckhingen, OL, OP, Master Bowman
                        Nesselblatt Herald

                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 8, 2013
                          Thanks to AnTir's Kingdom Royal Archer providing the shoot at AnTir/West War we were able to shoot the "Five Pillars" Summer Society Seasonal 2013 shoot and it was Really Fun! I hope you all get to shoot it! (Someone put a silly war field in the way of so we'll have to do the flight section later.)

                          About the voting. Once again we had a timeline issue. The poll was not available on the date planned and when I did find it later the poll information said it had expired. It still let me vote and I saw postings by Meister Jonathas to the effect that it would, but that may have killed some responses. When the second poll was re-started I heard of it but was unable to get online to participate during it's short run. Hopefully both these issues can be resolved in the future. Don't fret about participation in the polls. The lists show there is participation in the shoots which is the main thing. Perhaps they don't care which they shoot.... let those of us who do care enjoy our privilege of voting without worrying about those who don't. As people participate in the SSAC shoots they will grow to be a standard part of Archery, like the IKAC. With more marshals planning to run Novelty shoots under the GAT they will likely pay more attention to the SSAC and will voice their opinions! Keep positive!
                          Lady Johanna
                        • John Edgerton
                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 16, 2013
                            If you have not voted in the poll for the Fall SSAC please do so as soon as possible. It ends tonight.

                            Jon
                          • John Edgerton
                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 16, 2013
                              If you do not like any of the current choices, then consider writing up your own competition and submitting it for the Winter SSAC.

                              Jon

                              If you have not voted in the poll for the Fall SSAC please do so as soon as possible. It ends tonight.