Re: [SCA-Archery] SSAC Query

  • Jonathas
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 28, 2013
      The idea of the guards is that they allow the spectators to be fairly close to the target while allowing some protections to them.  In this day no one is allowed down range, so they are really not required as part of the shoot, other then for pageantry.

      Jonathas

      On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM, ladyjohannatrewpeny <johannatrueshot@...> wrote:
        [snip]

      Tir Beursault
      - Love the idea and the target. Two significant parts I would like clarification on.
      Just exactly how much of the 'Guard Walls' are REQUIRED for participation? We have no ranges on which we can leave things and transportation/setup is a heavy burden already. Would a couple ropes strung up or a 'recognized road' be acceptable?
      50m per one arrow ends up being a lot of walking. For small groups, where crowding the target wasn't an issue, would shooting several arrows per retrieve - still one archer at a time - be acceptable?
      And with slightly whimsical and yet serious finish...Who is the King of the Archers for the first shoot?

      [snip]