Goat's foot lever?

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2013
      Does anyone know of any suppliers of goat's foot levers?

      Thanks for any help you can give.

      Jon
    • George Bottorf
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2013
        Hi, Jon. Yes, I know of one! I bought one from them in 2010. They may not have them anymore, but check with them anyway. They are DARKWOOD ARMORY.COM. They have a nice aluminum prod. These folks seem to be the only one still making cocking levers, or used to. As I remember, the price wasn't cheap either. I will send you the email I still have from explaning rod placement, etc. I hope this helps you out. YIS, Abner.
      • James Koch
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 27, 2013
          Jon,

          We now have a blacksmith on staff, forging the ends of our fencing blades.  He is adept at working harden-able steel alloys and is certainly capable of producing goats foot levers.  I never engineered one since we don't produce complete crossbows, just the metal components.  If someone has plans or a good example, we can make them.  They will be expensive to produce unless several people order at the same time.  In the latter case we can make a half dozen and spread the engineering costs out a bit.

          Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"