Re: [SCA-Archery] Upcomming SSAC

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
      The competition for Spring has not yet been voted on. That will happen at the end of the month and the vote will be taken on this group.

      Please look at the possible competitions on the SCA scores site.

      If anyone has any new competitions, please let us know as soon as possible.

      Jon

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
        The Spring competition will be announced before April 1.

        Jon

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
          Thank you Sir Jon

          Gaelen

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 17, 2013

            I put this out to all of you who have shot the SSACs especially with several people.

            What was the groups' favorites to shoot? Were any either easy or difficult to score well?

            Cat

          • Taslen
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 17, 2013
              Cat,

              Good questions I hope you get a good response.

              Gaelen O'Gradaigh
              Midrealm archery marshal of the field

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 18, 2013
                Cat,

                I answered your questions first with the consensus I got from our archery practice participants' feedback, and my own personal feelings added at the end of each.

                1. From the comments made by shooters at our local practices, the Roundel Sextet seems to have been very frustrating to score as well as shoot, particularly the shooters having to alternate shooting each target in order, and the penalty/penalties for double-hitting the wrong roundel and keeping track of who hit what(This is from the feedback I received).
                - I had mixed feelings about this shoot. It got very frustrating to keep track of arrow hits and who would lose points for hitting the wrong 'roundel', especially with several shooters per round.

                2. So far, the most popular SSAC shoot at our local Baronial practices has been the Triangle shoot.
                - It was also my personal favorite, being easy to score, but also challenging to aim at.

                I hope my feedback is useful.

                - In Service,
                                    Lord Iurii Levchenich, Junior TAM, Barony of Adiantum, Kingdom of AnTir
                                    Deputy to the Honorable Lady Johanna Trewpeny, Adiantum Archery Marshal
                                    Arcuarius to Gawin of Kevelioc