Upcomming SSAC

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
      Hi all,

      I was looking at the SSAC website can anyone tell me what the spring event will be?

      Gaelen
    • Jonathas
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013

        I do not believe Sir Jon has started the vote for the next shoot yet.  But as always if there are any new ideas not in the 'Whats Next' section of the SSAC please send them in for consideration.

        For the spring and summer I would love to see more options beyond 20 yards to choose from.

        Jonathas

        On Mar 16, 2013 9:19 PM, "Kevin" <taslen2000@...> wrote:

        Hi all,

        I was looking at the SSAC website can anyone tell me what the spring event will be?

        Gaelen

      • Taslen
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
          Jonathas,

          I will be hosting our archery at our Baronial championships on April 20th. I need to find out what the challenge will be and we also will be shooting IKAC's. I can email Sir Jon if need be we are working together on Quivers & Quarrels.

          Gaelen

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
            The competition for Spring has not yet been voted on. That will happen at the end of the month and the vote will be taken on this group.

            Please look at the possible competitions on the SCA scores site.

            If anyone has any new competitions, please let us know as soon as possible.

            Jon

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
              The Spring competition will be announced before April 1.

              Jon

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
                Thank you Sir Jon

                Gaelen

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 17, 2013

                  I put this out to all of you who have shot the SSACs especially with several people.

                  What was the groups' favorites to shoot? Were any either easy or difficult to score well?

                  Cat

                • Taslen
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 17, 2013
                    Cat,

                    Good questions I hope you get a good response.

                    Gaelen O'Gradaigh
                    Midrealm archery marshal of the field

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 18, 2013
                      Cat,

                      I answered your questions first with the consensus I got from our archery practice participants' feedback, and my own personal feelings added at the end of each.

                      1. From the comments made by shooters at our local practices, the Roundel Sextet seems to have been very frustrating to score as well as shoot, particularly the shooters having to alternate shooting each target in order, and the penalty/penalties for double-hitting the wrong roundel and keeping track of who hit what(This is from the feedback I received).
                      - I had mixed feelings about this shoot. It got very frustrating to keep track of arrow hits and who would lose points for hitting the wrong 'roundel', especially with several shooters per round.

                      2. So far, the most popular SSAC shoot at our local Baronial practices has been the Triangle shoot.
                      - It was also my personal favorite, being easy to score, but also challenging to aim at.

                      I hope my feedback is useful.

                      - In Service,
                                          Lord Iurii Levchenich, Junior TAM, Barony of Adiantum, Kingdom of AnTir
                                          Deputy to the Honorable Lady Johanna Trewpeny, Adiantum Archery Marshal
                                          Arcuarius to Gawin of Kevelioc