Re: [SCA-Archery] Dear Western style archers- an open letter

  • Ranif
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 15, 2013
      Giovanna
      If you are using a bow of an SCA approved type, the bow
      has been accepted by the TAM, you are not in a stance
      or draw position that violates safety, event rules or
      courtesy, I find a gently voiced, "Bugger off!", is
      effective with interferers. But then, I'm older with
      diminishing tolerance levels.
      Ranif

      --
      Nullus anxietas amicus
      Carpe argillam
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 15, 2013

        No, I did not begin to load till I just grew fustrated and just straddled the line and dropped the rest of the steps. I did begin trying to load it but I had people leaning over me on both sides that I could not turn. Thankfully once I started as if to load they moved and I could turn, straddle and load. By that point I was so flustered I am amazed I even got it nocked.

        You would think shooting from the ground an hour after shooting from rodeo prancing pony who was not listening to me at all would be easier LOL
        It however was not.

        Next time I will bring documentation and speak to who ever is running the range.

        Gio

        On Mar 15, 2013 8:00 PM, "Ken Dolphin" <kldolphin@...> wrote:

        Had you loaded up an arrow prior to straddling the line?

        KOS
        An Tir
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 15, 2013
          Doesn't sound like any SCA range that I have ever been a part of. We have a couple of yumis, horsebows shot with or without thumb ring, many recurves, longbows, period longbows, and a few crossbows and period crossbows. All are able to shoot and it is up to the range marshal to make sure that safe procedures are followed.

          I hope you get everything cleared with the local group.

          KOS

          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 15, 2013

            Sadly it was not a local group. If it had been a local group I would have been more able to pull them aside and explained what I was doing.

            On Mar 15, 2013 8:48 PM, "Ken Dolphin" <kldolphin@...> wrote:

[...]

          • Steven Casort
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 15, 2013
              Where on earth did this happen?!?
              They were very rude and I would not wish to shoot at that range.

              In Service
              Ihon MacLucas
              Ex CAID Minister of Archers
              aka Steve Casort