Re: [SCA-Archery] Dear Western style archers- an open letter

  • Ken Dolphin
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 15, 2013
      Had you loaded up an arrow prior to straddling the line?

      KOS
      An Tir
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 15, 2013
        Giovanna
        If you are using a bow of an SCA approved type, the bow
        has been accepted by the TAM, you are not in a stance
        or draw position that violates safety, event rules or
        courtesy, I find a gently voiced, "Bugger off!", is
        effective with interferers. But then, I'm older with
        diminishing tolerance levels.
        Ranif

        --
        Nullus anxietas amicus
        Carpe argillam
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 15, 2013

          No, I did not begin to load till I just grew fustrated and just straddled the line and dropped the rest of the steps. I did begin trying to load it but I had people leaning over me on both sides that I could not turn. Thankfully once I started as if to load they moved and I could turn, straddle and load. By that point I was so flustered I am amazed I even got it nocked.

          You would think shooting from the ground an hour after shooting from rodeo prancing pony who was not listening to me at all would be easier LOL
          It however was not.

          Next time I will bring documentation and speak to who ever is running the range.

          Gio

          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 15, 2013
            Doesn't sound like any SCA range that I have ever been a part of. We have a couple of yumis, horsebows shot with or without thumb ring, many recurves, longbows, period longbows, and a few crossbows and period crossbows. All are able to shoot and it is up to the range marshal to make sure that safe procedures are followed.

            I hope you get everything cleared with the local group.

            KOS

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 15, 2013

              Sadly it was not a local group. If it had been a local group I would have been more able to pull them aside and explained what I was doing.

              On Mar 15, 2013 8:48 PM, "Ken Dolphin" <kldolphin@...> wrote:

[...]

            • Steven Casort
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 15, 2013
                Where on earth did this happen?!?
                They were very rude and I would not wish to shoot at that range.

                In Service
                Ihon MacLucas
                Ex CAID Minister of Archers
                aka Steve Casort