Re: [SCA-Archery] bow making

  • Ld.blackmoon
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 7, 2013

      greetings

      at least one of the local bowyers will be there  ( Castellan )  = )

      Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
      Arthur
      From: Frank Schalles <francisschalles@...>
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 2:16 PM

      Stephanie,

      I have some experience in making flat bows. Email me privately. I should be
      at Wiesenfeurer Baronial next month and we can have a chat if you attend.

      Francois de Lions

      On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM, stephanie <chimericalgirl@...> wrote:
      Hello, I'm new to the SCA and was wondering if there is anyone in the Barony of northkeep (in Ansteorra) that teaches bow making?

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          SCA-Archery-digest@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      No virus found in this message.
      Internal Virus Database is out of date.

    • stephanie
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013
        Thank you so much!! I was reading about the Castellan online and I really look forward to going. Will you be at fighter practice on the 20th at vfw?

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013
          greetings

          Castellan is always a blast , lots of room, lots of activities, lots of good food, lots of good people = )

           unfortunately, no, that is the early on day for OJAM  out close to Stillwater .  www.ojam.org  , setting up the tools , and the pavilion roofs so that people stay un sun burnt, and dry , maybe helping set up the 3d woods walk targets, etc.
          starting Thursday,  I'll actually be making kids rattan bows, working on a couple laminate bows  ( bamboo backed epay, and hopefully a new bamboo backed Osage  : ), and just having general fun , until Sunday when I return in time for missile practice on the 24th ... I hope   : )

          Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
          Arthur

          Thank you so much!! I was reading about the Castellan online and I really look forward to going. Will you be at fighter practice on the 20th at vfw?

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Ld.blackmoon" <ld.blackmoon@...> wrote:

          > greetings
          >
          > at least one of the local bowyers will be there ( Castellan ) = )
          >
          > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
          > Arthur

        • Frank Schalles
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013