Re: [SCA-Archery] bow making

  • Ld.blackmoon
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 7 2:36 PM
      greetings

      that would be " sort of " , we have 2 possibly 3 people currently making bows . but i'm not sure we qualify as " professionals " : )

      there is also a nearby , upcoming event  with bowmaking, as well as some other primitive living skills going on over spring break : )

      Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
      Arthur
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 7 2:39 PM

        greetings

        at least one of the local bowyers will be there  ( Castellan )  = )

        Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
        Arthur
        From: Frank Schalles <francisschalles@...>
        To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 2:16 PM

        Stephanie,

        I have some experience in making flat bows. Email me privately. I should be
        at Wiesenfeurer Baronial next month and we can have a chat if you attend.

        Francois de Lions

        On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM, stephanie <chimericalgirl@...> wrote:
        Hello, I'm new to the SCA and was wondering if there is anyone in the Barony of northkeep (in Ansteorra) that teaches bow making?

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            SCA-Archery-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        No virus found in this message.
        Internal Virus Database is out of date.

      • stephanie
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 8 6:43 AM
          Thank you so much!! I was reading about the Castellan online and I really look forward to going. Will you be at fighter practice on the 20th at vfw?

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 8 2:20 PM
            greetings

            Castellan is always a blast , lots of room, lots of activities, lots of good food, lots of good people = )

             unfortunately, no, that is the early on day for OJAM  out close to Stillwater .  www.ojam.org  , setting up the tools , and the pavilion roofs so that people stay un sun burnt, and dry , maybe helping set up the 3d woods walk targets, etc.
            starting Thursday,  I'll actually be making kids rattan bows, working on a couple laminate bows  ( bamboo backed epay, and hopefully a new bamboo backed Osage  : ), and just having general fun , until Sunday when I return in time for missile practice on the 24th ... I hope   : )

            Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
            Arthur

            Thank you so much!! I was reading about the Castellan online and I really look forward to going. Will you be at fighter practice on the 20th at vfw?

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Ld.blackmoon" <ld.blackmoon@...> wrote:

            > greetings
            >
            > at least one of the local bowyers will be there ( Castellan ) = )
            >
            > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
            > Arthur

          • Frank Schalles
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 8 4:02 PM