Re: [SCA-Archery] bow making

  • Frank Schalles
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 7, 2013
      Stephanie,

      I have some experience in making flat bows. Email me privately. I should be
      at Wiesenfeurer Baronial next month and we can have a chat if you attend.

      Francois de Lions

      On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM, stephanie <chimericalgirl@...> wrote:
      Hello, I'm new to the SCA and was wondering if there is anyone in the Barony of northkeep (in Ansteorra) that teaches bow making?

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          SCA-Archery-digest@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • stephanie porter
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 7, 2013
        Thank you so much for emailing me! I will not be able to make it to Wiesenfeurer Baronial unfortunately. Will you be at the Castellan in may?

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 7, 2013
          greetings

          that would be " sort of " , we have 2 possibly 3 people currently making bows . but i'm not sure we qualify as " professionals " : )

          there is also a nearby , upcoming event  with bowmaking, as well as some other primitive living skills going on over spring break : )

          Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
          Arthur
          Hello, I'm new to the SCA and was wondering if there is anyone in the Barony of northkeep (in Ansteorra) that teaches bow making?

          No virus found in this message.
          Internal Virus Database is out of date.

        • Ld.blackmoon
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 7, 2013

            greetings

            at least one of the local bowyers will be there  ( Castellan )  = )

            Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
            Arthur

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013
              Thank you so much!! I was reading about the Castellan online and I really look forward to going. Will you be at fighter practice on the 20th at vfw?

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013
                greetings

                Castellan is always a blast , lots of room, lots of activities, lots of good food, lots of good people = )

                 unfortunately, no, that is the early on day for OJAM  out close to Stillwater .  www.ojam.org  , setting up the tools , and the pavilion roofs so that people stay un sun burnt, and dry , maybe helping set up the 3d woods walk targets, etc.
                starting Thursday,  I'll actually be making kids rattan bows, working on a couple laminate bows  ( bamboo backed epay, and hopefully a new bamboo backed Osage  : ), and just having general fun , until Sunday when I return in time for missile practice on the 24th ... I hope   : )

                Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
                Arthur

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013
                  Replied to privately.