Re: shooting off on a tangent

  • Steven Casort
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2013
      Check your eye dominance, ie which eye is the one your brain tends to use most.

      I have been using the spruce shafts for about a year and find very little difference from POC.

      In Service
      Ihon MacLucas
      aka Steve Casort
    • Caterina Fortuna
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013

        Ditto. Now, spruce arrows work great off a lighter draw weight bow. And fantastic for distance shooting. But, if your bow is tuned faster and you shoot a lot it IS possible to shoot the spine out. I.e. shooting 1-3 hours 5 times a week for a month and a half dropped the spine weight about 10-15# on all of my spruce arrows.

        All of our previous dozens of shafts have done this.

        Currently, i have approx 7 high altitude cedar shafts for practice and scoring and a fresh dozen of spruce for scoring, specific tourneys, and distance shooting.

        My favorite is purple leather dye on the wood shafts with true oil on top.
        Cat

        On Mar 5, 2013 10:16 AM, "lekervere" <edwoodguy@...> wrote:

        They're at least as strong as cedar shafts, and probably a little stronger when they hit hard objects. They come straight and they stay straight.
        They're creamy white, so I chose to use stain, not paint. I think it kept them lighter. Leather dye works well, followed by a light coat of spray acrylic. The wood grain under a transparent finish makes for a nice lustre.