Re: legality was - Re: [SCA-Archery] Height of target

  • Des & Jan Howard
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2013
      Well, that went downhill fast.
      Ranif

      On 4/03/2013 5:41 AM, Bill Tait wrote:
      > I know it was meant as a joke, but please keep the
      > politics off this list.
    • Ld.blackmoon
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2013
        greetings

        politics of any given person or group aside.
        think about it ...
        the bow was the " assault rifle" of its time , able to shoot much faster
        than the slower crossbow . and how many times have we heard that even the
        combat crossbows shoot too fast and too hard ??
        or how many wars in recent sca history have had an arrow / bolt limit for
        how many you could carry on the field ??? ( several if I recall correctly )
        ( although some of them you could reload if you walked all the way back to
        res point, and had pre inspected arrows there )
        and what better definition of a siege engine ( designed to bring down castle
        walls ) than a weapon of " mass " destruction ??

        but I guess pointing the above out will be considered " political " as well
        , since it's not politically correct. ( it can be construed as " anti stick
        fighter " since they usually set the rules for the wars , even though it
        isn't )
        but hey I spent my time in the U.S. military to guarantee that people had
        the freedom to say what they believed in, and others had the freedom to
        disagree..... ( which is in it's self a political statement... )
        so maybe I should have just said " relax " everything isn't about modern
        politics .....
        we have to be serious about safety... everything else should be fun.
        ( can we go back to the having fun part now ?? )

        Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
        Arthur

        >> I know it was meant as a joke, but please keep the
        >> politics off this list.

        > -----
        > No virus found in this message.

      • The Greys
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2013
          Arthur,
          An excellent point about "bows as assault weapons". I'm thinking that we will be limited to no more than 6 shafts - magazine limits. hahahahaha

          Of course the more realistic question for any line marshal is, will we have to see proof of a background check before we can allow anyone to shoot on our ranges? hahahahaha

          I love the cartoon that says the brain eating zombies went to Washington...........and died of starvation! hhahahahaha

          Sorry for getting off period but it was just too good to let lay.

          kog