legality was - Re: [SCA-Archery] Height of target

  • Ld.blackmoon
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2013

      greetings

      yea, forgot about that, some police departments , as well as city / county ordinances do consider bows to be " fire arms " and their use is very much restricted in those areas  : (

      i wonder though , if bows are " assult  weapons " will we be limited to 3 arrows ? and does that make seige weapons " weapons of mass destruction "  ?? ; )

      Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
      Arthur
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2013

        I know it was meant as a joke, but please keep the politics off this list.

        Thank you,

        William

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2013
          Well, that went downhill fast.
          Ranif

          On 4/03/2013 5:41 AM, Bill Tait wrote:
          > I know it was meant as a joke, but please keep the
          > politics off this list.
        • Ld.blackmoon
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2013
            greetings

            politics of any given person or group aside.
            think about it ...
            the bow was the " assault rifle" of its time , able to shoot much faster
            than the slower crossbow . and how many times have we heard that even the
            combat crossbows shoot too fast and too hard ??
            or how many wars in recent sca history have had an arrow / bolt limit for
            how many you could carry on the field ??? ( several if I recall correctly )
            ( although some of them you could reload if you walked all the way back to
            res point, and had pre inspected arrows there )
            and what better definition of a siege engine ( designed to bring down castle
            walls ) than a weapon of " mass " destruction ??

            but I guess pointing the above out will be considered " political " as well
            , since it's not politically correct. ( it can be construed as " anti stick
            fighter " since they usually set the rules for the wars , even though it
            isn't )
            but hey I spent my time in the U.S. military to guarantee that people had
            the freedom to say what they believed in, and others had the freedom to
            disagree..... ( which is in it's self a political statement... )
            so maybe I should have just said " relax " everything isn't about modern
            politics .....
            we have to be serious about safety... everything else should be fun.
            ( can we go back to the having fun part now ?? )

            Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
            Arthur

            >> I know it was meant as a joke, but please keep the
            >> politics off this list.

            > -----
            > No virus found in this message.

          • The Greys
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4, 2013
              Arthur,
              An excellent point about "bows as assault weapons". I'm thinking that we will be limited to no more than 6 shafts - magazine limits. hahahahaha

              Of course the more realistic question for any line marshal is, will we have to see proof of a background check before we can allow anyone to shoot on our ranges? hahahahaha

              I love the cartoon that says the brain eating zombies went to Washington...........and died of starvation! hhahahahaha

              Sorry for getting off period but it was just too good to let lay.

              kog