target area Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Target

  • JDS
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2013
      I am pretty sure that you would be OK with 23".
      & they might advertise It as 23 & actually be 23-24 "
      You can add some other foam or cardboard /wood/etc
      on the side.

      Most places I shoot the F I T A paper target is
      glued or taped to card board so its still going
      to be stiff enough to support that <1%
      (If offset fully to one side a sliver 1/2" thick at
      its widest and at most ~4 inches long)
      of the target and take/show a hit.

      We are Honorable enough that if some one did shoot
      in the sliver I think we can call it a point.

      Isttd & archery

      Johann
      An Tir

      The extra 1/2" doesn't really effect anything because it is actually outside the scoring area.

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:

      > That's a good price, unfortunately I would hate to buy them. The standard
      > FITA target that we use for Royal Rounds and IKACs have a diameter of
      > 23.5". If there was any way to get them as a 24 x 24 it would be great!
      >
      > This would be short changing anyone that shoots at them.
      >
      > Vincenti
    • Doug Copley
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2013
        I know I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

        Vincenti

        On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM, JDS <ren.touch@...> wrote:
        I am pretty sure that you would be OK with 23".
        & they might advertise It as 23 & actually be 23-24 "
        You can add some other foam or cardboard /wood/etc
        on the side.

        Most places I shoot the F I T A  paper target is
        glued or taped to card board so its still going
        to be stiff enough to support that <1%
        (If offset fully to one side a sliver 1/2" thick at
        its widest and at most ~4 inches long)
        of the target and take/show a hit.

        We are  Honorable enough that if some one did shoot
        in the sliver I think we can call it a point.

        Isttd & archery

        Johann
        An Tir

        The extra 1/2" doesn't really effect anything because it is actually outside the scoring area.

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:

        > That's a good price, unfortunately I would hate to buy them. The standard
        > FITA target that we use for Royal Rounds and IKACs have a diameter of
        > 23.5". If there was any way to get them as a 24 x 24 it would be great!
        >
        > This would be short changing anyone that shoots at them.
        >
        > Vincenti

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            SCA-Archery-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Bill Tait
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2013
          You have no idea how often my brain twitches now at SCA events, watching people "flattening" a target face to see where the arrow is, relative to the scoring ring.

          William