Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Target

  • Doug Copley
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
      That's a good price, unfortunately I would hate to buy them. The standard FITA target that we use for Royal Rounds and IKACs have a diameter of 23.5". If there was any way to get them as a 24 x 24 it would be great!

      This would be short changing anyone that shoots at them.

      Vincenti

      On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM, tkstop <tkstop@...> wrote:

      We've been using Polyethylene Foam Archery Targets available at
      www.foambymail.com. They are currently $24.99 each. They measure 2 x 23 x 24. Orders over $75 have free shipping. You have to order 4 to get the free shipping, but they last a long time. We've been using them for over a year and have had no problems. They wear well and are weather resistant.

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "J. Hughes" wrote:

      > I proposed that my shire invest in saunders mats and faces so we could run royal rounds. People in the shire asked me to explore ways that we could make targets from foam that would last. Any suggestions??
      >
      > Charles O'Connor

    • tkstop
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
        The extra 1/2" doesn't really effect anything because it is actually outside the scoring area.

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:

        > That's a good price, unfortunately I would hate to buy them. The standard
        > FITA target that we use for Royal Rounds and IKACs have a diameter of
        > 23.5". If there was any way to get them as a 24 x 24 it would be great!
        >
        > This would be short changing anyone that shoots at them.
        >
        > Vincenti
        >

        > On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM, tkstop wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > We've been using Polyethylene Foam Archery Targets available at
        > > www.foambymail.com. They are currently $24.99 each. They measure 2 x 23 x
        > > 24. Orders over $75 have free shipping. You have to order 4 to get the free
        > > shipping, but they last a long time. We've been using them for over a year
        > > and have had no problems. They wear well and are weather resistant.
        > >
        > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "J. Hughes" wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I proposed that my shire invest in saunders mats and faces so we could
        > > run royal rounds. People in the shire asked me to explore ways that we
        > > could make targets from foam that would last. Any suggestions??
        > > >
        > > > Charles O'Connor

      • Doug Copley
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
          no, the scoring area is 23.5" the actual target face is 24 7/8" but that includes the non-scoring area

          Vincenti

          On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM, tkstop <tkstop@...> wrote:

          The extra 1/2" doesn't really effect anything because it is actually outside the scoring area.

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:

          > That's a good price, unfortunately I would hate to buy them. The standard
          > FITA target that we use for Royal Rounds and IKACs have a diameter of
          > 23.5". If there was any way to get them as a 24 x 24 it would be great!
          >
          > This would be short changing anyone that shoots at them.
          >
          > Vincenti
          >

          > On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM, tkstop wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > We've been using Polyethylene Foam Archery Targets available at
          > > www.foambymail.com. They are currently $24.99 each. They measure 2 x 23 x
          > > 24. Orders over $75 have free shipping. You have to order 4 to get the free
          > > shipping, but they last a long time. We've been using them for over a year
          > > and have had no problems. They wear well and are weather resistant.
          > >
          > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "J. Hughes" wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I proposed that my shire invest in saunders mats and faces so we could
          > > run royal rounds. People in the shire asked me to explore ways that we
          > > could make targets from foam that would last. Any suggestions??
          > > >
          > > > Charles O'Connor

        • tkstop
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
            I'll have to look when I get home, but I'm sure the entire scoring area fits on the ones I have.

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:

            > no, the scoring area is 23.5" the actual target face is 24 7/8" but that
            > includes the non-scoring area
            >
            > Vincenti
            >

            > On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM, tkstop wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > The extra 1/2" doesn't really effect anything because it is actually
            > > outside the scoring area.
            > >
            > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:
            > > >
            > > > That's a good price, unfortunately I would hate to buy them. The standard
            > > > FITA target that we use for Royal Rounds and IKACs have a diameter of
            > > > 23.5". If there was any way to get them as a 24 x 24 it would be great!
            > > >
            > > > This would be short changing anyone that shoots at them.
            > > >
            > > > Vincenti

            > > 23 x
            > > free
            > > year

            > > could

          • Doug Copley
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
              it could be that the ones you have are slightly larger than 23", also if you space them evenly then they would only overlap 1/4" on each side and that would only be about 3" of scoring area.

              Vincenti
              Who hopes his shots are closer to the center so that I do not have to worry about it:-)

              On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM, tkstop <tkstop@...> wrote:

              I'll have to look when I get home, but I'm sure the entire scoring area fits on the ones I have.

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:

              > no, the scoring area is 23.5" the actual target face is 24 7/8" but that
              > includes the non-scoring area
              >
              > Vincenti
              >

              > On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM, tkstop wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > The extra 1/2" doesn't really effect anything because it is actually
              > > outside the scoring area.
              > >
              > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:
              > > >
              > > > That's a good price, unfortunately I would hate to buy them. The standard
              > > > FITA target that we use for Royal Rounds and IKACs have a diameter of
              > > > 23.5". If there was any way to get them as a 24 x 24 it would be great!
              > > >
              > > > This would be short changing anyone that shoots at them.
              > > >
              > > > Vincenti

              > > 23 x
              > > free
              > > year