Re: [SCA-Archery] Target

  • chris and sher
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
      for the aesthetics of the foam, targets with treated stands, we bought a mid
      to heavey burlap and hemed the edges and sewed reinforcement patches with
      ties made of heavy canvas, these cover all of the modern materials and look
      pretty good/ natural.
      christopher

      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
        i;ll look i up, i was trying to find the pics and assembly instructions/ measurements for the ones we built but there gone, good t here from ya too .
        were still here lurking in the background,

        been distracted with our blackmores night tribute band,  (www(dot)reverbnation(dot)com/crystalballband)  and our local groups, politics
        but were hoping to get back to it .
        christopher

        From: jphughessr@...
        Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 13:36:00 -0800
        Subject: [SCA-Archery] Target

        I proposed that my shire invest in saunders mats and faces so we could run royal rounds. People in the shire asked me to explore ways that we could make targets from foam that would last. Any suggestions??

        Charles O'Connor

        =======
        http://www.pctools.com/?cclick=EmailFooterClean_51
        =======

        =======
        http://www.pctools.com
        =======

        =======
        http://www.pctools.com
        =======

        =======
        http://www.pctools.com
        =======
      • Taslen
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
          I forwarded you what you had sent me

          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
            We've been using Polyethylene Foam Archery Targets available at
            www.foambymail.com. They are currently $24.99 each. They measure 2 x 23 x 24. Orders over $75 have free shipping. You have to order 4 to get the free shipping, but they last a long time. We've been using them for over a year and have had no problems. They wear well and are weather resistant.

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "J. Hughes" wrote:

            > I proposed that my shire invest in saunders mats and faces so we could run royal rounds. People in the shire asked me to explore ways that we could make targets from foam that would last. Any suggestions??
            >
            > Charles O'Connor

          • Doug Copley
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
              That's a good price, unfortunately I would hate to buy them. The standard FITA target that we use for Royal Rounds and IKACs have a diameter of 23.5". If there was any way to get them as a 24 x 24 it would be great!

              This would be short changing anyone that shoots at them.

              Vincenti

              On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM, tkstop <tkstop@...> wrote:

              We've been using Polyethylene Foam Archery Targets available at
              www.foambymail.com. They are currently $24.99 each. They measure 2 x 23 x 24. Orders over $75 have free shipping. You have to order 4 to get the free shipping, but they last a long time. We've been using them for over a year and have had no problems. They wear well and are weather resistant.

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "J. Hughes" wrote:

              > I proposed that my shire invest in saunders mats and faces so we could run royal rounds. People in the shire asked me to explore ways that we could make targets from foam that would last. Any suggestions??
              >
              > Charles O'Connor

            • tkstop
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
                The extra 1/2" doesn't really effect anything because it is actually outside the scoring area.

                --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:

                > That's a good price, unfortunately I would hate to buy them. The standard
                > FITA target that we use for Royal Rounds and IKACs have a diameter of
                > 23.5". If there was any way to get them as a 24 x 24 it would be great!
                >
                > This would be short changing anyone that shoots at them.
                >
                > Vincenti
                >

                > On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM, tkstop wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > We've been using Polyethylene Foam Archery Targets available at
                > > www.foambymail.com. They are currently $24.99 each. They measure 2 x 23 x
                > > 24. Orders over $75 have free shipping. You have to order 4 to get the free
                > > shipping, but they last a long time. We've been using them for over a year
                > > and have had no problems. They wear well and are weather resistant.
                > >
                > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "J. Hughes" wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I proposed that my shire invest in saunders mats and faces so we could
                > > run royal rounds. People in the shire asked me to explore ways that we
                > > could make targets from foam that would last. Any suggestions??
                > > >
                > > > Charles O'Connor

              • Doug Copley
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
                  no, the scoring area is 23.5" the actual target face is 24 7/8" but that includes the non-scoring area

                  Vincenti

                  On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM, tkstop <tkstop@...> wrote:

                  The extra 1/2" doesn't really effect anything because it is actually outside the scoring area.

                  --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:

                  > That's a good price, unfortunately I would hate to buy them. The standard
                  > FITA target that we use for Royal Rounds and IKACs have a diameter of
                  > 23.5". If there was any way to get them as a 24 x 24 it would be great!
                  >
                  > This would be short changing anyone that shoots at them.
                  >
                  > Vincenti
                  >

                  > On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM, tkstop wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > We've been using Polyethylene Foam Archery Targets available at
                  > > www.foambymail.com. They are currently $24.99 each. They measure 2 x 23 x
                  > > 24. Orders over $75 have free shipping. You have to order 4 to get the free
                  > > shipping, but they last a long time. We've been using them for over a year
                  > > and have had no problems. They wear well and are weather resistant.
                  > >
                  > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "J. Hughes" wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I proposed that my shire invest in saunders mats and faces so we could
                  > > run royal rounds. People in the shire asked me to explore ways that we
                  > > could make targets from foam that would last. Any suggestions??
                  > > >
                  > > > Charles O'Connor

                • tkstop
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
                    I'll have to look when I get home, but I'm sure the entire scoring area fits on the ones I have.

                    --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:

                    > no, the scoring area is 23.5" the actual target face is 24 7/8" but that
                    > includes the non-scoring area
                    >
                    > Vincenti
                    >

                    > On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM, tkstop wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > The extra 1/2" doesn't really effect anything because it is actually
                    > > outside the scoring area.
                    > >
                    > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > That's a good price, unfortunately I would hate to buy them. The standard
                    > > > FITA target that we use for Royal Rounds and IKACs have a diameter of
                    > > > 23.5". If there was any way to get them as a 24 x 24 it would be great!
                    > > >
                    > > > This would be short changing anyone that shoots at them.
                    > > >
                    > > > Vincenti

                    > > 23 x
                    > > free
                    > > year

                    > > could

                  • Doug Copley
                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 6, 2013
                      it could be that the ones you have are slightly larger than 23", also if you space them evenly then they would only overlap 1/4" on each side and that would only be about 3" of scoring area.

                      Vincenti
                      Who hopes his shots are closer to the center so that I do not have to worry about it:-)

                      On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM, tkstop <tkstop@...> wrote:

                      I'll have to look when I get home, but I'm sure the entire scoring area fits on the ones I have.

                      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:

                      > no, the scoring area is 23.5" the actual target face is 24 7/8" but that
                      > includes the non-scoring area
                      >
                      > Vincenti
                      >

                      > On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM, tkstop wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > The extra 1/2" doesn't really effect anything because it is actually
                      > > outside the scoring area.
                      > >
                      > > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Doug Copley wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > That's a good price, unfortunately I would hate to buy them. The standard
                      > > > FITA target that we use for Royal Rounds and IKACs have a diameter of
                      > > > 23.5". If there was any way to get them as a 24 x 24 it would be great!
                      > > >
                      > > > This would be short changing anyone that shoots at them.
                      > > >
                      > > > Vincenti

                      > > 23 x
                      > > free
                      > > year