Re: SSAC Roundel clarification

  • ladyjohannatrewpeny
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 21, 2013
      This is, to say the least, distressing.
      This is a very difficult shoot. I have been encouraging my archers, and myself, to do it regardless - because I believe it is good to grow our skills in single arrow focus AND timing interruption!

      It has been an uphill battle. The disappointment in losing a 'good shot' by a stray arrow cancelling all points in a roundel one had already hit is depressing and has caused overwhelming frustration when repeated frequently. More experienced archers or crossbowmen may not have this difficulty, but we still do.

      I agree that it is not good to 'miss' toward the blank roundel, which is what the shoot scoring led to. However, I DO request that if you don't allow it, don't steal the points from the good hits!!
      One already has a 'downside' from losing the potential bonuses and from not getting points from the arrow that missed. If you are Forced to shoot at a roundel you Know is point cancelled - on your honor - loss of fun and focus guaranteed.

      Please. Make it ONLY ONE ARROW can score per Roundel, and make it the lower score if you must.

      It's MUCH simpler for scoring and even if a stray arrow has already hit a roundel it is still worth shooting at that roundel rather than a known 'pointless' arrow one just flings away. - I have seen that happening and it doesn't improve anyone's skill.

      My vision/lighting/black'hornlooking'nocks makes seeing bad enough that I can't always TELL if I hit the roundel or not, but if only one arrow is allowed and I shot - on my honor - at each roundel then I am much more likely to know which ones to count. When I go to retrieve, trying to remember which arrow hit which roundel for myself AND the disabled archer I'm retrieving for gets complicated.

      I want this to be fun and improving, but my honor - and that of my archers, is worth more to me than shooting something I could mess up because I can't always see what was hit. Please.