Re: [SCA-Archery] Atenveldt archery rules

  • JDS
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 17, 2013
      Hi Kat

      I have been to Pennsic & Estrella
      Once each. Both were Lots of fun.
      Both offered a nice walk and extra
      challenges and
      new friends.

      The a dozen or more arrows
      *May* have been that some of the walking or
      challenge courses are hard to do if you drop under
      say 8 arrows.
      Royal Rounds (6 +) & IKAC (6+)

      Distances for those are same.

      & not being home your arrow maker or supplies
      will probably not be there.

      I have heard of some courses
      that were hard on those who were
      not really Good archers.

      IMHO I like a challenge ,
      however lets not make it a
      losing & breaking arrows one.

      Go If you can .

      Is
      Johann
      An Tir
    • i_griffen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 17, 2013
        It might be to your advantage to attend a local Archery Pratice. One of the marshals should be able to fill you in on the info you need. If you are out of Kingdom, there is e-mail adress posted on the Kingdom site contact the Royal Archer. He/She can send the info needed or at least answer your questions.

        IG

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Caterina Fortuna wrote:

        > Looking for info on shooting at Estrella War. Not much posted on their
        > website or on the kingdom website.
        > Also, looking for thrown weapons rules.
        > Thanks,
        > Cat

      • Caterina Fortuna
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 18, 2013

          Different Kingdoms often have different rules and/or local customs. The ta rules at great western war were slightly different and the thrown weapons was considerably different from An Tir. I wanted to see how different Atenveldt might be.

          I help my other half who runs our local practice and am a JR target archery marshal as well as a JR thrown weapons marshal.

          Is the 2008 version the most recent? Is there a special place to find the TW rules? There were other things I wanted to check on, like handicap parking in regards to where the range is and do we have to bring shade. Will there be waterbearing?

          Cat

        • joe scheidt
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 21, 2013
            If I understand the conversation correctly... You are asking about Target Archery Rules, Is this the case?
            We recently change the Combat Archery Rules, Updating them from the old 2008 Rules.
            Feel free to contact me if you have questions about the CA Rules at EW.
            Lord Tiberius Nautius Josephus Africanus (aka Jungle Joe)
            KCAM Atenveldt