Atenveldt archery rules

  • Caterina Fortuna
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 17, 2013

      Looking for info on shooting at Estrella War. Not much posted on their website or on the kingdom website.
      Also, looking for thrown weapons rules.
      Thanks,
      Cat

    • Caterina Fortuna
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 17, 2013

        Waves at Macha. You get to go to the other coast a lot. You should try fitting Pennsic into your hectic schedule.

        I did find ta rules from 2008. Is that the current version? Which kingdom rules are in effect at Estrella? What are the competitions and tourneys like? Yardage? I heard from an AnTir archer that I should bring a dozen arrows. Any comments or suggestions to an out of kingdom archer?

        I remember the weather that occurred during presidents day 'week'. Will it be hotter during the last part of February(new dates)?

        Thanks in advance,
        Cat
        (my nifty brag tags/signature are not on my mobile email. Lol. Thanks Macha for the word fame.)

      • JDS
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 17, 2013
          Hi Kat

          I have been to Pennsic & Estrella
          Once each. Both were Lots of fun.
          Both offered a nice walk and extra
          challenges and
          new friends.

          The a dozen or more arrows
          *May* have been that some of the walking or
          challenge courses are hard to do if you drop under
          say 8 arrows.
          Royal Rounds (6 +) & IKAC (6+)

          Distances for those are same.

          & not being home your arrow maker or supplies
          will probably not be there.

          I have heard of some courses
          that were hard on those who were
          not really Good archers.

          IMHO I like a challenge ,
          however lets not make it a
          losing & breaking arrows one.

          Go If you can .

          Is
          Johann
          An Tir
        • i_griffen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 17, 2013
            It might be to your advantage to attend a local Archery Pratice. One of the marshals should be able to fill you in on the info you need. If you are out of Kingdom, there is e-mail adress posted on the Kingdom site contact the Royal Archer. He/She can send the info needed or at least answer your questions.

            IG

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Caterina Fortuna wrote:

            > Looking for info on shooting at Estrella War. Not much posted on their
            > website or on the kingdom website.
            > Also, looking for thrown weapons rules.
            > Thanks,
            > Cat

          • Caterina Fortuna
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 18, 2013

              Different Kingdoms often have different rules and/or local customs. The ta rules at great western war were slightly different and the thrown weapons was considerably different from An Tir. I wanted to see how different Atenveldt might be.

              I help my other half who runs our local practice and am a JR target archery marshal as well as a JR thrown weapons marshal.

              Is the 2008 version the most recent? Is there a special place to find the TW rules? There were other things I wanted to check on, like handicap parking in regards to where the range is and do we have to bring shade. Will there be waterbearing?

              Cat

            • joe scheidt
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 21, 2013
                If I understand the conversation correctly... You are asking about Target Archery Rules, Is this the case?
                We recently change the Combat Archery Rules, Updating them from the old 2008 Rules.
                Feel free to contact me if you have questions about the CA Rules at EW.
                Lord Tiberius Nautius Josephus Africanus (aka Jungle Joe)
                KCAM Atenveldt