Re: [SCA-Archery] SCA wide archery newsletter?

  • Taslen
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 9, 2013
      Jon,

      I have about a dozen issues of a archery publication that was done here in the midrealm I think it's called "The Bodkins point" we would have to get permissions from the authors of the articles to republish but it would give us a plethora of articles.

      Gaelen

      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 9, 2013
        Would the newsletter support "links" to say online videos?

        Gaelen

        Message 3 of 26 , Jan 9, 2013
          Good idea.  See what permissions you can get from those authors you can find.

          Thanks

          Jon

          I have about a dozen issues of a archery publication that was done here in the midrealm I think it's called "The Bodkins point" we would have to get permissions from the authors of the articles to republish but it would give us a plethora of articles.

          Gaelen

          Just a little more information on how the archery newsletter would be made available. It would be on the same web page with the monthly kingdom newsletters, so SCA publications would handle the on-line publication.  But, we would need to do the production. Jon
          Jo__

        • John Edgerton
          Message 4 of 26 , Jan 9, 2013
            I do not know as yet.  I will ask.

            Jon

            Message 5 of 26 , Jan 9, 2013
              What will the submission process be for SCA members who wish to submit items to the newsletter site?

              Other than historical reference pieces will we also see pieces about shooting techniques and tools, shoot designs used throughout our current SCA community, events, and highlights of our groups and individuals across the lands?

              Marie

              On Jan 9, 2013, at 5:48 PM, John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

              I do not know as yet.  I will ask.

              Jon

              Message 6 of 26 , Jan 9, 2013
                One thing we could definitely do would be to post the calendar of archery events for the season I know that the Eastwatch group in Cleveland has a weekly practice and that could be a on going listing. How often will the newsletter be published?  I will start putting together a database of the articles in the "Bodkins Point" and the authors I take it we would then need "permission to publish"?

                Gaelen

                Message 7 of 26 , Jan 9, 2013
                  A few of the baronies in Illinois also have regular practices. Could be a great listing for anyone traveling to other areas. Pop in for a practice, meet other archers.  A tidbit for the traveling archer.

                  Marie

                  Message 8 of 26 , Jan 9, 2013
                    I would hope that the answer would be yes to all of those suggestions.

                    Jon

                    Message 9 of 26 , Jan 9, 2013
                      How often it will be published would be up to the editor and staff and the amount of material submitted.

                      Jon

                      Message 10 of 26 , Jan 9, 2013

                        greetings

                        might possibly try a seasonal list of where when practices / events are held , so that travelers could stop in and shoot with different groups , or events .
                        or possibly contact info for different areas , so travelers could check to see if something was going to be going on at the same time and place they were traveling to or through ..

                        Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
                        Arthur
[...]

                        Internal Virus Database is out of date.

                      • ladyjohannatrewpeny
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jan 9, 2013
                          Leaps about in delight!
                          What fun! I suggest a humorous section of questions or comments to marshals by those being taught or marshaled or stories about funny things that happen. Only the nice ones of course, but there are some very funny things that occur and make us all laugh or chuckle out there and I'd love to hear some from fields afar!
                          Brightly,
                          Lady Johanna Trewpeny
                          AnTirian Lady of the Bow
                        • Kat Pogatshnik
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jan 10, 2013
                            I would be willing to help out with this, whether it be editing, doing write ups on archery shoots/events, or anything else that may need doing.

                             ~Alessandra
                          • John Edgerton
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jan 11, 2013
                              No video in the magazine.  But, the address of the video could be included and then be cut and pasted.  No hyperlinks.

                              Jon